I got tagged by Rob to list 8 random facts about myself. I haven't been blogging enough lately, so I figure a meme is as good a way to get back into the game as any. Here goes. (And, by the way, these facts are so completely random I don't know where they just came from.)
1. I hate cheese. Most days this doesn't really come up. But this one time, I was in France (this was just after graduating from high school, I lived in the south of France for the summer) and on the first day I was there, the family I was staying with offered me the proverbial French Cheese Tray. I'm polite, so I tried to eat a piece of cheese, but French cheese is, like, out of control, and I couldn't even swallow it, and I gagged it into my napkin, and it was totally embarrassing. The family I was staying with, however, continued offering me the French Cheese Tray at every single meal for the rest of the summer. I hate cheese.
2. In 2000, I worked for a day as an extra on ER. I was dressed as a paramedic and the 2nd A.D. told me to just stand at the end of the hall, while Dr. Greene ran past me. But just standing at the end of the hall didn't seem like something a real paramedic would do, and I noticed that I was near a wall-phone, so I picked it up and pretended to be on a call. I kept waiting for someone to be like, "what's that paramedic doing, we never told him he could use the phone," but no one stopped me. About a month later, coincidentally, I temped as an assistant for one of ER's EP's and I noticed a box of dailies on their way to be recycled. I surrepticiously rifled through the box and found the dailies from my day on the set, and, well...let's just say I got to be all: "look! There I am talking on the phone! And look--there I am talking on the phone again!"
3. I owned every single Garbage Pail Kid ever made (about 2000 unique cards) until they decided to start producing NEW cards in 2003--part of me really wants to start collecting again, so that my set will truly be complete, and another part of me is like: "you're a dork."
4. If I was given a choice between having the power of flight or the power of invisibility, I would choose the power of invisibility. For snooping purposes.
5. The first play I ever acted in was A Christmas Carol at SCR in 1988. I had one line of dialogue: "But it's Christmas Eve, Mr. Scrooge!"
6. I have really bad gaydar. I was at a party recently and I met this guy and this girl, and the guy was really cute, and I was totally flirting with him, and then the girl mentioned that they were about to move in together, except, for some reason, when she said it, I thought she meant that they were just going to be roommates. Honestly, I don't know how I could mistake "we're moving in together" for anything other than "bitch, we're a couple, stop flirting with my man," but I totally didn't get it, and I continued to flirt with him, until about an hour later when I asked the girl if the guy was single and she was like, "um, what part of 'we're moving in together' don't you understand?"
7. I once drove away from a gas station with the gas pump still in my car. I heard a loud clanging sound as I pulled out of the gas station, but I still didn't realize what had happened. Then, in my rearview mirror, I noticed the gas station attendant running after me, so I pulled over, and that's when I saw that my poor little shit-brown Mercury Topaz (RIP) had a motherfreaking gas pump for a tail. Whoops.
8. One day I want to have a home with a wrap-around porch.
Okay, one of the requirements of this meme, apparently, is that you're supposed to tag 8 other people. If you've already done this meme before, hit us with 8 new things. (And I'm tagging people I don't really know that well, a few people whom I've only met on the blogosphere, but I really enjoy reading your blogs, so I hope you'll play along.)
Tagged: Kyle, Chad, Sheila, Sheila, Willam, Michael, Annie, and Anderson Cooper. (Come on, Anderson--make my day.)