However, the actual "being in jail" part probably wouldn't be "kinda fun," so not being in jail makes still me happy. So does listmaking. So I thought I would make a list of other things that make me happy.
(in no particular order)
1. DERRICK is back! On MTV! On a new Real World/Road Rules challenge called Fresh Meat! (I cannot tell you how happy this makes me.) (Bonnie alerted me to the fact that they were airing a casting special the other night and while I was watching it I had the biggest Cheshire cat smile, it was ridiculous.) (My cheeks hurt, my smile was that big.) (The Real World/Road Rules challenges are the best thing to happen to television since Family Ties.) (I'm only partially exaggerating.) (Oh, and by the way, if you google the phrase "Derrick us hot" [using the parentheses], my blog is the fifth website that pops up.)
2. The Cherry Orchard opens this weekend at the Evidence Room. It has an awesome cast (including Urpma) and it's the last Evidence Room show (at least of the Evidence Room as we currently know it) (if you don't know, the Evidence Room is an awesome theater and in the last six years since I first started seeing Evidence Room plays, not only have I had some of the most memorable theater-going experiences evah, but I've had some of the most amazing life-experiences there as well) (so I'm going to miss the Evidence Room) (as we currently know it) (and I encourage you to check out The Cherry Orchard), so check it out. (The above photo is of director Bart DeLorenzo in the Evidence Room lobby and it was taken by Stephen Osman for the LA Times.)
3. I was reading the Advocate and turned a page and suddenly saw an advert (don't you love how they call advertisements "adverts" in England?) (I think we should appropriate that word here in jolly ol' America) for a movie called The Conrad Boys which was written by, directed by, and stars Justin Lo, who I acted with in several plays when we were both kids and who I haven't seen in years (actually, the last time I saw him was when my play Red Light, Green Light was playing at the above mentioned Evidence Room--Justin came to the show--he was studying film at UCLA at the time) (so obviously something came of his studies) and his movie is opening at the Sunset 5 in Hollywood, which is my favorite artsy movie theater, and I don't know anything about the movie, but I'm very excited to see it and I'm so proud of Justin for writing, directing and starring in his own movie and for getting it out there. He's 23-years-old, or something ridiculous like that. Holly cow.
4. Snakes on a Plane makes me happy. I have nothing new to say about Snakes on a Plane, really, except that I want to do whatever I can to help spread the word that this piece of cinematic awesomeness is freaking coming your way in August.
5. Listography makes me happy. (Thank you, Lindsay, for the link!)
(New Thing #85: I went to traffic court.)