Monday, January 01, 2007

Goodbye 06, hello 07

Goodbye 2006! I'm very happy to give ya a swift little kick in the ass on your way out and to welcome 2007 with big wide open arms.

(the above photo has absolutely nothing to do with saying goodbye to 2006 and welcoming in 2007, i just thought i'd post it 'cuz Lanie sent it to me and, well, i enjoy posting embarrassing old photos of myself) (i think i'm seventeen in the above photo) (underaged drinking is wrong) (that's jesse standing behind me) (the shirt I'm wearing says "Hugs: From the People Who've Always Given You Kisses") (it was one of my favorite shirts back then, I loved it) (I don't know why I loved it so much, but I did) (Hershey sent it to me, randomly, with a note saying that they were sending 100 random shirts out to 100 random favorite Hershey's customers) (or something like that) (i'm trying to figure out whose kitchen this photo was taken in--lanie, do you know?) (was this possibly a New Year's Party?) (let's imagine it was a New Year's Party and that's why I'm posting the picture) (i'm too tired to be witty right now, but what's up with the whole double fisting my drinks thing?)

(hope all of my blog readers were safe tonight) (i had an awesome evening with my brothers and some of their friends) (we played Super Monopoly, i.e. a massive game with two boards) (it was more fun than it sounds) (and we ate and we laughed and we kicked 2006 in the butt) (and now i'm exhausted and going to sleep) (i am so old)

(oh wait, and speaking of 2007, earlier this afternoon i saw the new 007 movie, finally, and wow, I thought I understood all of the fuss about Daniel Craig, but now i really understand all of the fuss about Daniel Craig) (he's all that and a bag of chips) (super sex, super smart) (and the movie was thrilling--yes, thrilling is a great word for it--i spent most of the movie gasping and clutching my chair and imagining myself leaping off of buildings and freaking the fuck out)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Erik!

drc said...

Happy New Year, Erik! And wow! What a difference in your look from then and now!!!

But I am very curious...how do you play Monopoly with two boards?

And double-fisted drinking because one is the shot and the other is the chaser! duh!

j-dō said...

Happy new year erik!

i think this is at jesse's house on flower street...in his kitchen.

it think it was the party where sam got in a fight with lanie's boyfriend.

good times...

Anonymous said...

Sam got in a fight with my boyfriend? I don't remember that, someone please tell me this story. This was the "blue party." Remember that, where everyone was supposed to where something blue. And yes, It was taken at Jesse's house on flower street in the kitchen. Now, my curiousity is so peaked, I want to hear about this fight! :)

Lanie :)

Anonymous said...

what's best...is thst Erik is holding what appears to be a wine cooler.

Erik said...

Thank you all for the New Years wishes! You too!

Erik said...

DRC, we had a regular Monopoly board and a Spongebob Squarepants themed board, so none of the properties doubled up, and we connected the boards so that there were two "Go" spots on opposite sides, and then we just ignored the middle row of properties. So basically there were twice as many properties, total. And we started the game with twice as much money. And there were nine of us playing. It was massive.

Erik said...

I totally remember Sam getting into a fight with Lanie's boyfriend, but I don't remember any of the specifics. Lanie, who were you dating then???

Erik said...

And YES, the blue party. I love themed parties.

Erik said...

Jesse, it doesn't just appear to be a wine cooler. It IS a wine cooler. I loved wine coolers back then.

Anonymous said...

I think Sam said something snarky to Lanie, and whoever said guy was at the time (yeah, Lanie who was the his angry man?) felt he had to defend Lanie, not knowing that Lanie could totally kick Sam's ass, not that she would, cuz she's chill and I'm sure she knew Sam was just being a High School Lush...yeah I think everyone was sloushed on Eriks' Bartles & James!

god, we were dorks.

Erik said...

Total dorks. And I agree with Jesse, Lanie could so kick Sam's ass. If she wanted to. I'm not saying that Sam's weak (he could kick MY ass), I'm just saying that Lanie is fierce.

j-dō said...

sam thinks that lanie was smoking a cigarette and sam made a 'snarky' comment about lanie being a smoker and Lanie's man of the moment felt a need to defend her new found love of American Spirits.

ps. sam is pretty sure that lanie could kick his ass...if she could put down her cigarette.

Erik said...

Jen, thank you for that very important piece of the puzzle--what the fight was about. Lanie, ring any bells?

Anonymous said...

Wow, It's not ringing any bells. It must have been something that I worked through in therapy years ago! :) I have no recollection of this angry man, but I promise, I would never lay a hand on Sam. :) And I think that must have been the last time I smoked a cigarette. You know me, being all anti-phillip morris and all.

Lanie :)

Anonymous said...

P.s. I had no idea that you all thought I was such an "ass kicker." I think I might walk a little taller today! :) Thanks! :)

Lanie

Erik said...

Next time Sam's in town, we should stage a fight between Sam and Lanie to see who would truly win. Huh? Huh? Whaddya say?