1. Yul is my new favorite to win on Survivor. (And I'm REALLY mad at Ozzy because throwing a challenge on Survivor is like THE stupidest strategic move you can make and I was literally yelling at the television screen when he was throwing the challenge. I mean, it's a dumb dumb move.) (I seriously was yelling at the tv.)
2. I loved the flashbacks on tonight's episode of Grey's Anatomy. (I am so happy that Grey's is back.) (Grey's is, like, my crack.)
3. I had this ginormous zit on my forehead that I've been absentmindedly picking at and now it kinda looks like someone punched me. (i.e. it's really ugly and bruisy) (bruised?)
4. I have to wake up in six hours to drive my step-dad to the airport. And I'm so tired. And I have a really full day tomorrow. So why the hell am I sitting at my computer blogging instead of going to bed?
5. I haven't been feeling inspired to blog lately (and when I say "lately," I mean "for the last couple of months") (or maybe I just mean "for the last month" and it feels like the last "couple" of months"), but I suppose blog inspiration comes in waves.
6. I'm on the hunt for a dog. It's for my step-dad, really, but the dog'll be mine too. We're looking at rescue places because we like the idea of saving a dog, of finding a dog who really needs a home and giving it to him (or her). We looked at some cocker spaniels last weekend and this weekend I'm going to meet some terriers. I had to fill out an application the other day for one of these dog rescue places and there were all of these questions about pet history and I had to write about my dog Coco, who passed away several years ago, at 15-years-old, and it made me really miss her, but I think I'm ready to love another dog.
7. Sorry I haven't been very good about replying to comments lately. I think it's connected to #5. But this weekend I'm going to go through my past several posts and reply to all of the comments I've neglected.
8. I haven't been on a date in a really long time. I want to go on a good date.
9. It doesn't even have to be a "good" date, really, I'd just be happy to have dinner with a cute guy.
10. He doesn't even have to be that cute.
11. Well, he's gotta be a little cute.
12. Oh my god, go to bed.
13. But wait, before I go to bed, I just saw on the news that McDonald's is considering serving their breakfast menu items all day. I'm so fucking conflicted about that because
(a) I love the McGriddle breakfast sandwich, and
(b) I've always been annoyed that they don't serve their breakfast items past 10:30 a.m., but
(c) I don't really want them to extend their McGriddle selling hours because
(d) that means I might eat more McGriddles and
(e) I'm trying to eat healthy (or healthier) which means that
(f) I definitely shouldn't fucking be eating any more McfuckingGriddles.
14. So please don't do it, McDonald's. I'm begging you. Don't extend your breakfast selling hours.
15. Okay, go to sleep, Erik, or tomorrow is going to be hell. (I'm subbing for a third grade class and subbing for a third grade class on six hours sleep is a total recipe for disaster. The kids are going to take over. I can feel it now. They are SO going to walk all over me. I don't stand a chance.)