Thursday, January 05, 2006

New Thing #7: My date with Dustin

I never went on a date with a boy while I was in high school.

Hell, I never even went on a date with a boy while I was in college. No, I waited a looooong time to jump into the man-on-man pool.

But back in high school, the thought of dating a guy, as secretly appealing as it was, it just wasn't something that I thought would ever happen.

Which is a shame, because I knew some cute boys in high school. And one of them was actually out of the closet. He was cute, and sexy, and confident. And he was a senior, so, you know, he was way out of my league. He graduated in 1993, and went on to live his life, and then I graduated in 1996, and went on to live mine.

Like I said, I never went on a date with a boy while I was in high school. So I never, in my wildest dreams, thought I would ever go out on a date with that cute, sexy, confident, out-of-the-closet, out-of-my-league senior.

But tonight that's exactly what I did. I went on a date with Dustin.

And that was my New Thing for the day: I went on a date with a guy I went to high school with. I'll fill you in on the details tomorrow. But let me just say this:

It was the best bad date I have ever had in my life.

4 comments:

Gina said...

no way! how did you get back in touch with Dustin? Yea, he was hot! And he was the only gay person i knew. well, they only gay person i knew that was out at the time..wink wink..

Erik said...

We got back in touch through MySpace, of course.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erik...

I loved reading about your date...
but where was the time when you both were reading and responding to myspace posts?

~jenn

Erik said...

Yeah, Jenn, smooth one. Here's how that part of the date went down:

After we kissed and decided we were better off as friends, Dustin wanted to show me something on his MySpace page, and so we go to the page, and then he sees that he has a message from, um, you. And when you said in your message that I had told you Dustin and I were hanging out, I told him you were full of it. And you are. But that's why I love you.