Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's, like, so going to happen to her, though

The kids are reading Macbeth and they're working on an assignment where they're supposed to write "what they know about Shakespeare and his background." I just overheard the following conversation, verbatim:

TEENAGE GIRL: What do we know about Shakespeare?

TEENAGE BOY: He was married and he had three kids and then his wife found out he was gay.

TEENAGE GIRL: Really?

TEENAGE BOY: Yeah.

TEENAGE GIRL: That's, like, my worst nightmare. Being in love with a guy and then finding out he's gay.

4 comments:

Joe Chandler said...

I enjoy that so very, very much

Erik said...

Out of the mouths of babes, right?

christy said...

i totally agree. by her saying that outloud, she is calling on fate for it to happen.

pfggq
putty-fingers goes ga-ga quickly

(what?)

Erik said...

Christy, yeah, she is SO calling on fate. Like how I always get into a traffic jam the second I say "there's no traffic!"

I bet every guy she dates in high school will eventually come out of the closet.

*

I haven't played the word verification game in a while!

qaptk:

queer-ass punks tinker kindly